Saturday, November 5, 2011

Occupy LA


DISCLAIMER: This post does not necessarily reflect my views on the Occupy movement as a whole.  Rather, I comment on some pictures and let others speak for themselves. All of these pictures were taken at the Occupy LA camp at City Hall in Downtown, Los Angeles.  




There shall be no agreement until there is subject-verb agreement!!!



Clever little devil set up camp on a heating grate.






 
Always appreciate a shout-out to Public Health




I know Occupy is all about contradictions and accepting diverse view points but, I mean, come on...



What a happy little sign!



The witty ones almost make up for all of the terrible and inarticulate ones






Print media? What kind of revolution is this?



I saw this on a US-issued Humvee once too...context is everything 





When can we go home???  



That better be a hybrid!



These protestors say the sweetest things


Best excuse for loitering...ever.


Apparently Occupy LA people are huge Bring It On fans.  They love spirit fingers! 
(see video)

I absolutely love the use of what they are calling "The People's Mic."  One person speaks and, regardless of whether or not they agree with the argument,  eveyrone within earshot repeats the words in unison so that those farther away can hear as well.


After today, I find that I dislike about 99% of the people who call themselves the 99%, though find myself sympathetic towards the movement as a whole.  I met some fabulous intellectuals today but also encountered some people and some sentiments that truly alarmed me.  From what I experienced today, Occupy LA is basically a big camping trip with a bunch of very opinionated people. 

2 comments:

  1. This was a very interesting "boots on the ground" perspective...especially loved the subject-verb agreement and the print media revolution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think that that combined with their inability to spell the word students ("stundents") was quite hilarious.

    ReplyDelete